- General Setting
- Instructions For MIIVII SETTINGS
- Jetpack 4.5 and Above Image Burning
- 1.Function Introduction
- 2.Prepare Software and Hardware
Please read manual carefully before install, operate, or transport MiiVii device.
Ensure that the correct power range is being used before powering the device.
Avoid hot plugging.
To properly turn off the power, please shut down the Ubuntu system first, and then cut off the power. Due to the particularity of the Ubuntu system, on the Nvidia developer kit, if the power is turned off when the startup is not completed, there will be a 0.03% probability of abnormality, which will cause the device to fail to start. Due to the use of the Ubuntu system, the same problem also exists on the Miivii device.
Do not use cables or connectors other than described in this manual.
Do not use MiiVii device near strong magnetic fields.
Backup your data before transportation or MiiVii device is idle.
Recommend to transport MiiVii device in its original packaging.
Miivii EVO NX is an embedded edge computing device designed for industrial scenarios. The NVIDIA® Jetson Xavier NX core platform provides 21Tops computing power. The EVO NX adopts an efficient passive heat dissipation design for stable operation in harsh industrial environments. Also, due to its fastening embedded design, it can achieve a high vibration rating. The product has a wealth of I/O interfaces, which can meet the access requirements of a variety of special sensors. At the same time, a wealth of internal expansion interfaces are designed to provide more communication and storage expansion solutions.
Included in the Box
-MIIVII EVO NX x 1
-Power cable x 1
-Fixed plate x 2
-Quick start x 1
NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX
|AI Performance||Up to 21T OPS|
|CPU||6-Core NVIDIA Carmel ARM®v8.2 64 bit CPU 6MB L2 + 4MB L3|
|GPU||384-Core Volta GPU with 48 Tensor Core|
|Memory||8GB 128-Bit LPDDR4x 51.2GB/s|
|DL Accelerator||2×NV DLA Engines|
|Storage||16GB eMMC 5.1|
|Function KEY||Recovery Button||1|
|Network/Camera||Ethernet||5×Gigabit Port||5 independent Gigabit Ethernet port|
|Video output||HDMI||1×HDMI 2.0 TYPE A||5V 1A|
|USB||USB||4×USB 3.0 TYPE A|
1×USB 2.0 TYPE C
|USB 5V, 1A|
USB Type C Flashing Port
1xRS232 with debug
|User Expansion||TF Socket||1xTF||MicroSD card supported|
|M.2||1×M.2 M Key||2280 SIZE NVME SSD|
|Mini PCIE||1×Mini PCIE||For 4G|
|Nano SIM Socket||1|
|Input Voltage||Wide input 9V-36V DC|
|Dimensions (W×H×D)||178mm×55mm×110mm (I/O ports and mounting holes excluded)|
|Operating Temperature||-25℃-60℃, 0.2~0.3m/s air flow|
|Storage Humidity||10%-90% non-condensing|
|ESD||Touch 6KV, Air 8KV|
|CCC, CE, FCC, RoHS, SRRC||Processing|
Dimensions and mounting hole position as below:
Service and Support
MiiVii is glad to help you with any questions you may have about our product, or about the use of the technology for your application. The fastest way is sending us an email: . Or you could visit our developer forum: for solutions.
Warranty period: One year from the date of delivery.
Warranty content: MiiVii warrants the product manufactured by us to be free from defects in material and workmanship during warranty period. Please contact for return material authorization (RMA) prior to returning any items for repair or exchange. The product must be returned in its original packaging to prevent damage during shipping. Before returning any product for repair, it is recommended to back up your data and delete any confidential or personal data.
|Figure EVO NX|
|DC IN||Power Interface||Power input voltage 9V~36V|
|PWR_LED||Carrier board status indicator|
Carrier board power on: solid yellow
Carrier board system on: solid white
Carrier board system error: solid red
|STATUS||System status indicator|
System loading：solid red
System on：solid blue
|RECOVERY||Recovery Button||Push the button and power on device, entry recovery mode|
|HDMI||HDMI port||HDMI 2.0 TYPE A 5V 1A|
|FLASH||USB 2.0 port||Indenpendent USB 2.0 flashing port 5V 1A|
|USB 3.0×4||USB 3.0 port||USB3.0 TYPE A 5V 1A|
|LAN 1||Ethernet||Indenpendent Gigabit ethernet port, RJ45|
|Figure EVO NX Back Panel|
|RS485||RS485 port||Standard RS485 interface|
Standard RS232 interface
|LAN 2-5||Ethernet||Indenpendent Gigabit ethernet port, RJ45|
RS485 Pin Assignment
|Figure RS485 Pin Assignmen|
RS232/Debug Pin Assignment
|Figure RS232/Debug Pin Assignment|
UART Port Device Node
Relation of UART Port and device node as follow:
UART Port Name
Expansion device installation
EVO NX provides M.2 M Key, mini PCIe port for storage and communication expansion
Unscrew 8 screws and take off bottom cover of EVO NX while installation expansion device:
|Figure EVO NX Screw Position1|
|Figure EVO NX Screw Position2|
|Figure EVO NX Screw Position3|
|Figure Remove Bottom Cover|
Expansion port position as follow:
|Figure Expansion Port Position|
Install expansion device based on demand. Please note that if you need 4G module, insert nano SIM card into nano SIM socket before install 4G module.
Please install WiFi/4G antenna to ensure signal stability.
|Figure Antenna Installation1|
Please refer to the first step, and restore EVO NX after install expansion device.
Fixed Plate installation
Please install fixed plate first if you need to securing EVO NX on another system.
|Figure Fixed Plate1|
Install the holes on the fixing plate to fix the EVO NX to other devices as required.
|Figure Fixed Plate2|
MiiVii device use Ubuntu system. Default username: nvidia default password: nvidia
System Image and Flashing Tool
Please visit MiiVii developer forum: for flash tool and system image.
Connect an external HDMI display to MiiVii's HDMI port.
Connect a USB keyboard and mouse.
Connect the included AC adapter to power socket. Plug AC adapter into an appropriately rated electrical outlet.
Power off: Use the following command in terminal.
For MiiVii device with entity PWR button, you can also press and hold PWR button.
Reset: Use the following command in terminal.
For MiiVii device with entity RESET button, you can also press RESET button to reboot.
Instructions For MIIVII SETTINGS
MIIVII SETTINGS is a tool provided by MIIVII to simplify the setup of equipment.
Provide system status detection, remote access, remote login and other functions.
The default port number is 3000.
User name password is the system user name and password. Only users with sudo permission can log in.
Used to view basic information such as CPU, memory and storage usage of the current system.
All the equipment configuration has the basic information display function. For example, you can check the system version by using command.
Upgrade MIIVII released packages and system packages.
Used for Miivii edge service.
Log File Export
Used to export logs in /var/log/ to facilitate after-sales analysis.
Power Mode Setting
MiiVii device has several power modes. You can set up power mode through the green NVIDIA icon on the upper right corner.
|Figure Power mode Icon|
For MiiVii device equipped with NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX, the following table shows details of each power mode . The default mode is 3： MODE 10W 2CORE.
You can also set up through code:
Open device node in /dev/. Then use stty command to set parameters. See stty command manual for details, please change the code in <> to your UART device node.
#check ssd information:
|Figure SSD Information|
|Figure Formatting SSD|
|Figure SSD UUID|
Setting method of automatic mounting SSD： Create a systemd service in the /etc/systemd/system path to automatically mount the SSD when booting, such as: miivii_mount_ssd.service
Create a script in the /etc/systemd/ path to mount the SSD, such as: miivii_mount_ssd.sh
change mode for this script
Set the mounted SSD service to start at boot
MiiVii S2, S2Pro and EVO TX2 ，EVO TX2 GMSL2 has WiFi function.While Apex Xavier MiiVii EVO Xavier, Lite NX and Lite Nano provides WiFi function via a expansion module. Please refer to the information in [Expansion] to intall WiFi module. Click the network icon in upper-right corner of the desktop. Find the name of your WiFi network and click on it. Enter your password and click ‘Connect’.
|Figure WiFi Connection|
4G module is not included in MiiVii device package. Please refer to the information in [Expansion] to intall 4G module. Instructions for 4G module configuration are shown as below, using QUECTEL EM05 as an example. EM05 4G driver is included in MiiVii system. This SIM card could be detected automatically. There should be 4 devices under /dev/ttyUSB0~/dev/ttyUSB3.
Users need to choose their own 4G LTE SIM card(note that mobile phone sim card and IOT sim card is supported, but IOT sim card is hardware-binding, please consult your carrier for more information ). Before getting started, please insert SIM card into sim socket.
Click the network icon in upper-right corner of the desktop. Find 'Edit Connections', then click 'add'.
Change connection type to 'Mobile Broadband'
Change country to 'China'. Then choose network provider.
If your network provider is not included in the list, then enter it manually.
Choose your Plan
China Mobile choose 'Internet'，China Unicom and China Telecom choose default
APN settings: China Mobile: cmnet; China Unicom: 3gnet; China Telecom: ctnet
Check entire settings, then click 'Apply'
Enter username and password, click 'save'
Click the network icon in upper-right corner of the desktop. Then connect to your network. If you need auto connection, please edit Network connections:
Select 'General', then check 'Automatically connect to this network when it is available'
Reset MiiVii device, you can automatically connect to 4G network
Demo and application
MiiVii offers several demo code:
Algorithm: MiiVii device offers human, vehicle, bicycle detection. Please refer to /opt/miivii/features/algorithm
Acceleration SDK: MiiVii device provides acceleration SDK based on Yolo v3. Please refer to /opt/miivii/features/miivii-accelerator
ROS demo: MiiVii device offers ROS DEMO. Please refer to /opt/miivii/ros_demo
Among them, miivii_msgs is the message rule of ROS. miivii_gmsl is the ROS node of GMSL camer. miivii_detector is the ROS node of object detection.
Besides, MiiVii also open source part of our code in Github. Please visit for more information.
If bug occurs to you while developing, please check DEBUG log first:
Step 1: Find the position of DEBUG port in 'Interfaces'
Step 2: Connect DEBUG port with a PC using a UART-USB cable1
Step 3: Download Serial debugging tool in the PC, set Baud to 115200
Step 4: Check DEBUG log
：According to the information in 'Interfaces', select the RS232-USB cable or TTL-USB cable。
Jetpack 4.5 and Above Image Burning
Miivii flash tool, suitable for Miivii series products.
Miivii flash tool is a tool software provided for the convenience of burning, writing, cloning and small batch production of Miivii equipment.
You can burn the Miivii official image to Miivii equipment by using X86 architecture PC as the burning host. After a period of development of Miivii equipment, the existing equipment can be mirrored and cloned to save the development progress, and burned to other Miivii equipment in a single or small batch of products.
- Automatic detection of useing environment
- Automatically detect the latest mirror
- Build-in image downloader, no need to download images manually.
- Support batch burning
- Support mirror cloning（It should be noted that you need to use the same Jetpack version before burning after Clone.）
2.Prepare Software and Hardware
2.1. Burning Host Preparation
You need to connect the burning host with the Miivii device to burn the image. The recommended configuration of the burning host is as follows:
● Intel Core ™ series processors with CPU X86/X64 architecture, at least 4 cores.
●Memory 8GB ddr3 and above，DDR3/DDR4/DDR5
● The disk format of the burning host is recommended as EXT4.
● Spare hard disk capacity 40G and above
● The system is Ubuntu Linux x64 v16.04 , v18.04 or v20.04 ( As of v184.108.40.206 , support Ubuntu20.04, "sudo apt-get install miivii-ftool " Upgrad version & View version )
2.2. Burning Software Environment Preparation
● sudo apt install python2.7 python3 python
2.3. Prepare Miivii Burning Tool and Miivii Equipment Image.
2.3.1.Burning Tool Installation
- Prepare PC host，System is：Ubuntu Linux x64 v16.04 , v18.04 or v20.04 ( As of v220.127.116.11 , support Ubuntu20.04, "sudo apt-get install miivii-ftool " Upgrad version & View version )
Add a source to the local ubuntu system
apt-get install 、brush tool 、Deb bag
- After installation (click “Show Applications” in 18.04 system or “Search Your Computer” in 16.04 system), you will find the following shortcuts
- Double-click shortcut，enter password：Your sudo password。
2.4. Prepare Hardware
● Miivii device and power supply, USB data cable
3.1. Hardware Connection
- Connect the burning interface of Miivii device with the burning host through USB data line；
- Press and hold the RECOVERY button of the Miivii device, and then power on the Miivii device to enter the FORCE_Recovery burning mode.
3.2 Software Trial
Select English at the top right of the login page.
Input host user name and password.
3.2.1. Mirror Burning
18.104.22.168 On-line Mode Mirror Burning
- Click the "Online mode" checkbox, select Jetpack version and download path, then click "Next" to start downloading the latest brush environment and device image of the selected version.
- Choose whether to start brushing automatically after the download is completed. If you choose Auto, decompression, verification and brushing will be performed automatically after the download is completed.
- The download speed depends on the network speed of the environment, generally up to 5M/s.
- It usually takes more than 15 minutes to finish . Please be patient.
22.214.171.124 Off-line Mode Mirror Burning
- Click the "Offline mode" checkbox, select the downloaded brush environment and device image, and click "Next" to start burning directly.
3.2.2. Mirror Clone
- Enter the Miivii device into FORCE_Recovery mode according to the method of 3.1, and open the burning tool.
- Click the "Enter password" button ,enter the boot password of the burning host.
- Click "Clone" button，enter cloning operation.
- Modify the path and name of the cloned file stored in the burning host, and click "Clone".
Note: Chinese or special characters are not allowed in the file storage path.
- Cloning usually takes more than 30 minutes to complete:
- After the clone is completed, the clone image and MD5 file will be generated. Please follow the steps in 3.2.1 to burn again.
Note: If you have any problems in the process of image burning and cloning, please contact Miivii after-sales mailbox for help: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appendix 1. Self-check of Burning Problem
If you have any burning problems, please check yourself according to the following items first:
- Whether the PC boot password is entered in the upper left corner of the burning tool.
- Whether you have entered Recovery mode, which can be identified by lsusb command.
- Whether the quality of Micro USB and dual Type A cables is up to standard, and whether they are for charging.
- Whether the upper computer is a desktop or notebook computer with X86-64 architecture. (Currently, other devices such as servers, embedded devices and virtual machines are not supported)
- Whether the host computer system is Ubuntu Linux x64 v16.04 , v18.04 or v20.04 ( As of v126.96.36.199 , support Ubuntu20.04, "sudo apt-get install miivii-ftool " Upgrad version & View version )
- Check the disk format, the disk format of the burning host is recommended as EXT4.
- Whether the upper computer capacity is sufficient.
- The mirror burning tool storage path cannot contain Chinese characters or other special characters.
Appendix 2. Flash Tools Release Note
|MiiVii-FTool||2022/08/16||V188.8.131.52||Add：MIIVII LITE TX2 NX II|
Add：MIIVII LITE TX2 NX MINI
Add：MIIVII APEX AD10
Add：Supports Ubuntu20.04 Host OS
Add：Add prompts of " The mirror clone supports only EMMC "
Fixed: Less than 60 GB is displayed when the free disk space is greater than 2 TB
To ensure compatibility, the OS version will be checked when the software is started.
V184.108.40.206 also supports only Ubuntu16.04 and Ubuntu18.04. Future versions will support more operating system versions.